Re: [opensuse] Can't play my dvd's any more

Don Raboud wrote:
I just used both of these dvd's with no issues two days ago. Yesterday
there was a kernel update, but I don't remember anything else.

Just to be sure... after the kernel update did you reboot the machine?
I really don't know if this could cause dvds not to play properly, but
strange things can happen if you don't reboot after a kernel upgrade...

Yes.

jp

  • Re: [opensuse] No boot screen anymore...
    ... After an kernel update with Yast (last year...took me a while to ... largefont scrolling by real fast before the login screen finally ... One thing I did try during a reboot, was the 'caps lock' key trick...it ... Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Unable to mount any filesystems on SuSE 9.3 machine
    ... Kernel update without reboot. ... The standard config excludes kernel updates ... If you configured automatic updates and you have included the ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Kernel Update recoveries ?
    ... reboot after the update had finished. ... An inexperienced computeruser will ... will be ruined by the kernel update and he will most likely turn his ... I stick with YaST and nowadays of course with Zen. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] YoU Notification if Reboot Needed?
    ... On Thursday 17 June 2004 05:07 pm, Lucky Leavell wrote: ... > kernel update indicated in the security bulletin issued yesterday. ... interface and the 9.1 with the graphical interface. ... popup reminding that a reboot was required. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] SuSEfirewall errors
    ... On Thursday 13 August 2009 21:21:02 jdd wrote: ... You recently installed a kernel update and haven't done a reboot yet? ... I find I get messages like that when forgetting to reboot after a kernel ... inhoud door MailScanner en lijkt schoon te zijn. ...
    (SuSE)