Re: [opensuse] 10.2 no RAID to 11.0 RAID 1

On Monday 22 September 2008 16:21, Carlos E. R. wrote:
The Monday 2008-09-22 at 19:01 -0400, Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
There is a howto, and it is included with the distro.

On what page of the manual? I never saw it....

The howtos are not part of the manuals, they are independent, and
often by different authors:

cer@nimrodel:~> ls /usr/share/doc/howto/en/txt/ | grep -i raid
ATA-RAID-HOWTO.gz
Antares-RAID-sparcLinux-HOWTO.gz
Boot+Root+Raid+LILO.gz
DPT-Hardware-RAID-HOWTO.gz
Linux-Promise-RAID1-HOWTO.gz
Root-RAID-HOWTO.gz
Software-RAID-0.4x-HOWTO.gz
Software-RAID-HOWTO.gz

The last one is the one I mean. You have to install the howtos first
(txt or html versions), or read them directly in internet (TLDP, I
think).

And do we still cling to the notion that local content index and search
is unnecessary??

And if you do, wait until you collect 5 GB of PDF, gzip-compressed
PostScript and HTML documents, as I have...

--
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

Randall Schulz