Re: [opensuse] 10.2 no RAID to 11.0 RAID 1

On Monday 22 September 2008 16:21, Carlos E. R. wrote:
The Monday 2008-09-22 at 19:01 -0400, Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
There is a howto, and it is included with the distro.

On what page of the manual? I never saw it....

The howtos are not part of the manuals, they are independent, and
often by different authors:

cer@nimrodel:~> ls /usr/share/doc/howto/en/txt/ | grep -i raid
ATA-RAID-HOWTO.gz
Antares-RAID-sparcLinux-HOWTO.gz
Boot+Root+Raid+LILO.gz
DPT-Hardware-RAID-HOWTO.gz
Linux-Promise-RAID1-HOWTO.gz
Root-RAID-HOWTO.gz
Software-RAID-0.4x-HOWTO.gz
Software-RAID-HOWTO.gz

The last one is the one I mean. You have to install the howtos first
(txt or html versions), or read them directly in internet (TLDP, I
think).

And do we still cling to the notion that local content index and search
is unnecessary??

And if you do, wait until you collect 5 GB of PDF, gzip-compressed
PostScript and HTML documents, as I have...

--
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

Randall Schulz

  • Re: [opensuse] 10.2 no RAID to 11.0 RAID 1
    ... On Monday 22 September 2008 17:56, Carlos E. R. wrote: ... The howtos are not part of the manuals, they are independent, and ... The howtos are less than 10 megas. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Newcomer - problem with saving to a FD
    ... Carlos E. R. wrote: ... I don't think the OP is using 10.3, because he mentions two manuals ... You can check if there is an entry in the system browser. ... KDE will be similar. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Newbie - Shared library
    ... Thank you for the reply Carlos and I shall be reading some HOWTOs this ... I will read those first before I fire off my next set of ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: [SLE] Juvenile antics on the list
    ... "Carlos E. R." ... the manual first before using it but I'm thinking about ... > just reading them briefly, it is a well thought program. ... the manuals didn't help at all. ...
    (SuSE)