Re: [opensuse] Network does not start automatically nor manually after reboot (openSUSE 10.3)

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 10:08 PM, Nino Novak <nino@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
David,
thanks for your detailed description, my ifcfg-eth0 is pretty similar, but
this is not the problem as the connection is always established quickly and
stable - but only if I start 'yast network'. I even can abort the module
right after initializing it. The connection seems to be activated through
mere module starting.

But no chance to get it started without yast. Yast's network module start
seems to trigger connection establishment.

After this initial trigger I am able to ifdown and ifup the connection
deliberately. But I can't get it work without entering yast.

???

Regards,
Nino
--

Don't know type of your Toshiba, but does it have an on-off switch for
wifi that always off when it reboot?

medwinz

  • Re: Networking advice sought
    ... Can I share that single LAN connection between 2 devices ... The best solution is as you guessed a switch. ... Do you have wifi in the house? ... wifi blob for the Xbox as to get a switch, ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: [opensuse] Im stumped! : 13.1 + WLAN + laptop
    ... this morning I have no WLAN connection :-( . ... I have installed 13.1 on an older Asus notebook, I have both an ethernet & wireless connection, for the last couple of days I have stuck with ethernet for a range of downloads, and haven't needed to use the wireless. ... I had a look at my Yast Network Settings, it shows the ethernet controller with my fixed ip address and the wireles wifi as DHCP. ... Drove me absolutely bonkers for a couple days until I discovered that somehow the switch had gotten turned off. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Query on ip link set
    ... Did you set it down using ifdown? ... because the cable/wireless connection was missing a partner? ... yast would be persistent ... I have an A/B switch for two ISPs. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] KPPP Nonsense
    ... In general SuSE additions, to Linux are configured via Yast. ... Internet connection is no exception. ... Your comment that SuSE lost the definitions for the Printer and Internet ...
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] Changed provider - Yast DNS problems
    ... I have today changed Internet provider and found that Internet configuration ... Previously I had PPPoE connection, now I have a direct connection to Internet. ... Any changes in Yast did not affect the problem. ...
    (SuSE)