Re: [opensuse] Can't del re-add group

On Monday 29 September 2008 23:35:37 James D. Parra wrote:
Hello,

I am in a strange loop where after deleting a group I can no longer add it;

server:~ # groupdel postgres
groupdel: Unknown group `postgres'.
server:~ # groupadd postgres
groupadd: Group `postgres' already exists.
server:~ # groupdel postgres
groupdel: Unknown group `postgres'.
server:~ # groupmod postgres
groupmod: Unknown group `postgres'.

Try restarting nscd, with "rcnscd restart" (or stopping it, with rcnscd stop)

Anders

  • [opensuse] Cant del re-add group
    ... server:~ # groupdel postgres ... groupdel: Unknown group `postgres'. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Reading million records
    ... How can I get same performance as FoxPro using Postgres or any other database? ... FoxPro is what is called an ISAM DB - or a double-linked list manager - or in our common language - a "desktop database". ... Postgres is a SQL DB server and those beasts works only on the 'network' - it really doesn't matter where the client actually is - especially in the Postgres case. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Reading million records
    ... How can I get same performance as FoxPro using Postgres or any other database? ... Postgres is a SQL DB server and those beasts works only on the 'network' - it really doesn't matter where the client actually is - especially in the Postgres case. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Microsoft to certify and support SUSE Linux !
    ... Then they will have to give it away and open source it. ... SQL Server integration looks like a weak hack. ... Postgres certainly is. ... MS-SQL Server would not be a huge market for MS on Linux; ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Problem with postgresql and need to fix it in the next release
    ... I install FC3 on a server with SELINUX=enforcing and ... I install postgresql and do initdb with the user postgres ... This user must also own the server process. ...
    (Fedora)