Re: [opensuse] Checkinstall fails
- From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 03:48:50 +0200 (CEST)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On Wednesday 2008-10-01 at 18:26 -0700, russbucket wrote:
Carlos you don't say what version of checkinstall your using
The one that comes with opensuse 11.0, obviously.
or version of
Huh? The version of 11.0 is 11.0. what do you mean?
I used checkinstall about two weeks ago to create a version of kdat.
I'm on checkinstall-1.6.1-72.1, and 11.0. (126.96.36.199-0.1-pae). [32-bit].
Same. But what has the kernel version got to do?
sequence I used was:
tar -xzvf package name
as root (I used su, I have never got sudo to work)
checkinstall -R --install=yes
- -R is not needed (config file), and I don't use "install".
in my case the rpm then showed up in /usr/src/packages/RPMS/i386
I then used YaSt to install it
Sorry I cannot help more.
- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Checkinstall fails
- Next by Date: [opensuse] Youtube videos
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Checkinstall fails
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Checkinstall fails