Re: [opensuse] Wooo is me...Compiz!
- From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 14:38:40 -0500
On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 5:02 PM, Chris Arnold
I downgraded to 0.7.4 from oss repo and all is working. So i do believe something is seriously wrong with the 0.7.8 version of compiz, at least on my x86 64 11 install.
Let's break the process down to avoid any problems caused by update process:
#log in as root in runlevel 3
#add X11:Compiz repo
zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/Compiz/openSUSE_11.0/
#refresh the repo
zypper ref X11:Compiz
#Update all packages from that repo
zypper up -t package -r X11:Compiz
#remove old configurations
rm -rf /home/yourusername/.config/compiz
#if you have self compiled plugins
rm -rf /home/yourusername/.compiz
#switch to runlevel 5
log in as user
Run simple-ccsm and enable effects from there.
Now if this does not work
Add brand new user, log in to that account and enable effects.
I'll jump in here as well. I have done everything you said, and I have 0.7.8
running, however, I can confirm there is no way to make the emerald themes
work. Let us know if we can send logs, etc....
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC
510 Ochiltree Street
Nacogdoches, Texas 75961
Telephone: (936) 715-9333
Facsimile: (936) 715-9339
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Compiz - update to 0.7.8-25.1 killed compiz, plugin 'core' wrong version
- Next by Date: [opensuse] Tearing down connections too fast
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Wooo is me...Compiz!
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Wooo is me...Compiz!