Re: [opensuse] I get some mails with opne headers (gmail related)

Carlos E. R. wrote:

On Monday, 2008-10-06 at 13:49 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

Carlos E. R. wrote:

when I get an email going to my gmail account, with a from address
with accented letters, it is corrupted; copying directly from the
mbox file with less, I see this:

Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 11:48:18 +0200
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q? "Camale=F3n" _ <....@xxxxxxxxx>,
?=@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: "opensuse-es@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <opensuse-es@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

or:

Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 18:48:14 -0400
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Cristian_Rodr=EDguez_ <....@xxxxxxx>,
?=@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The MIME encoded From-header is being broken up, and continued on the
next line with a <tab> character prepended.

Mmm... Any guess about who or what might be doing that?

Outlook does it quite regularly, although it's usually the Subject:
line.

But it's a different pronlem, I think -

From: "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Camale=F3n?=" <....@xxxxxxxxx>

which got 'translated' into this:

From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q? "Camale=F3n" _ <....@xxxxxxxxx>,
?=@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's really weird - it's not just being broken up, the MIME encoding
is being extended ...

Dunno what might be doing that.

/Per Jessen, Zürich