Re: [opensuse] ccsm problems

Michael S. Dunsavage wrote:
On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 03:06 -0500, David C. Rankin wrote:
but everything is still a
cube. Is there something I need to do in ccms for everything to take
effect?

What I meant was the ccsm settings are not taking effect.

Aahh... XGL isn't sticking...or...you didn't nuke ~/.config/compiz

You mean you check the settings and (1) it unsets itself or (2) do you mean
that none of your settings are saved?

Either way I would try moving (I delete) ~/.config/compiz and let compiz
rebuild its config files when you start it again. You will have to set your
preferences in ccsm again, but with the changes between 0.7.6 and 0.7.8 the
recommendation was to remove ~/.config/compiz and ~/.emerald (I didn't have to
remove emerald, but I did have to delete ~/.config/compiz) Give that a shot and
report back.

Also, I prefer fusion-icon for starting/stopping and accessing ccsm and
emerald settings. If you haven't tried it, give that a shot as well. The icon
will end up under your "System/More" menu. Then, a simple right-click on the
systray icon will allow you to start/stop/reload/launch ccsm and emerald
controls and select between kde and emerald decor without having to type all
the kde --replace &, etc.. commands from Alt+F2 or konsole.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC

  • Re: [Solved] Lost Unity
    ... and typed ccsm to open the settings manager. ... Unity Plugin was NOT checked. ... I don't think you shot yourself in the foot- I think there is a bug. ... settings and at some point the panel and launcher disappeared. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [Solved] Lost Unity
    ... Unity Plugin was NOT checked. ... I don't think you shot yourself in the foot- I think there is a bug. ... I installed ccsm and had a look at some of the ... settings and at some point the panel and launcher disappeared. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Making changes to compiz/desktop effects
    ... I'm unable to change the settings using CCSM. ... I believe there are still some problems with desktop effects. ... fire/flame effect when closing windows or is it just Desktop Effects ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [opensuse] Panel pop-ups
    ... Can you change any settings at all in CCSM? ... I wonder if perhaps you've started compiz fusion with the gconf configuration ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Compiz and ccsm in Hardy
    ... ccsm. ... It was moved to menu System> Preferences> Advanced Desktop Effects ... Settings ...
    (Ubuntu)