Re: [opensuse] printer system crashes

On Sunday 19 October 2008 03:41:08 am Sampsa Riikonen wrote:
I actually have to re-configure printers through yast always
when I switch between home and work..
.. not flexible at all. It would be great to be able to configure the
printing system for N places (work, home, etc.).

Any tricks for doing just that?

Besides it should not crash, how about configuring different queues (printers)
and then select from print dialog. It is not automatic, but it should find
printer and prevent crash.

--
Regards, Rajko

  • Re: scan for machines in the subnet
    ... (no need to copy MAC addresses between leases files and config files). ... but which port on which switch). ... each manually configured server, ... Our printers change names when a new model is received (which generally ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: BSOD
    ... I doubt that a mode switch on oops is a good idea. ... I think that a crash should render into ... the kernel and X uses, ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Determine type of device on network
    ... For several years now we additionally use a list of manually maintained sysObjectIDs, but e.g. several cisco device types can be used both as switch and as router. ... Printer-MIB::prtGeneralConfigChanges and not the number of ports. ... SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr to identify their printers too. ...
    (comp.protocols.snmp)
  • Re: PowerPoint 2008 print crash
    ... crash problems. ... box, the crash still occurs. ... PowerPoint 2008 is not performing proper print checks when prepping the file ... -How are you connecting to the printers on your network? ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.powerpoint)
  • Re: Printer sharring issues I think...?
    ... me to replace the switch at this time. ... I believe the issue is right here: " All the printers are on a different ... own NIC connected to the network or are connected to a computer via USB. ... DNS bascially everything newtworking is also the print server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)