Re: [opensuse] printer system crashes
- From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 16:53:52 +0200 (CEST)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On Sunday, 2008-10-19 at 09:27 -0500, Rajko M. wrote:
On Sunday 19 October 2008 03:41:08 am Sampsa Riikonen wrote:
I actually have to re-configure printers through yast always
when I switch between home and work..
.. not flexible at all. It would be great to be able to configure the
printing system for N places (work, home, etc.).
Any tricks for doing just that?
Besides it should not crash, how about configuring different queues (printers)
and then select from print dialog. It is not automatic, but it should find
printer and prevent crash.
If he has only the cups-client, there are no queues that he can configure. At least, I understand that doing «(in yast: "do all printing via remote cups server")» means that, that only cups-client is installed.
However, programs should fail gracefully and indicate that no cups server was found (ie, no queue). This is a bug in cups-client, I guess --> bugzilla.
About the changing places thing, there are two other possible solutions: auto-cups and profiles (in yast). The second is rather heavy-handed.
- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] printer system crashes
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] Connection Question
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] printer system crashes
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] printer system crashes