Re: [opensuse] Disabling accounts in OpenLDAP

Ciro Iriarte wrote:
2008/10/22 Rui Santos <rsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Do you mean disable like "smbpasswd -d <user>" ?

--
Rui Santos
http://www.ruisantos.com/

No, like disabling the ldap account.... For unix/linux authentication
was enough to change the shell attribute to "nologin", but other
services using LDAP (like web applications) wont even notice this
attribute. The idea is to deny a "bind" to the directory...

Thats a nice question... Check if the "Disable login user" ( don't know
what it does ) option does what you want...

Regards,
Ciro

--
Rui Santos
http://www.ruisantos.com/

Veni, vidi, Linux!

  • Re: [opensuse] Disabling accounts in OpenLDAP
    ... Rui Santos ... like disabling the ldap account.... ... was enough to change the shell attribute to "nologin", ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] A few questions about using LDAP
    ... El Martes, 1 de Enero de 2008, Rui Santos escribió: ... How can I make LDAP use more than 8 characters in the password? ... When I type passwd and fill out everything, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: LDAP Information
    ... I thought it was also part of the LDAP specification that RootDSE searches be performed anonymously. ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ... What's the procedure for disabling null base ... Disable NULL BASE queries on your LDAP server ...
  • Re: [opensuse] Disabling accounts in OpenLDAP
    ... Rui Santos ... Veni, vidi, Linux! ... Hmmm, where?, i'm talking about plain LDAP attributes... ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: LDAP Information
    ... What's the procedure for disabling null ... Improperly configured LDAP servers will allow the directory BASE ... Disable NULL BASE queries on your LDAP server ...