- From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 09:52:29 -0800
On Tuesday 11 November 2008 06:38:46 am Tyron Rohland wrote:
I've Just installed Opensuse 11.0 on a VM machine here at work. I have no
experience with Linux and trying to learn. Can anyone point me to a guide
or documentation that would give me the basic understanding on how to do
certain things as I have come from a windows background.
1. Installing software - I am trying to install some AV software but keep
getting a dependency failure. I am updating Yast now which I think I must
do. 2. Basically any windows commands.
Hey, Tyron - good for you for taking the leap.
Let us know a few things -
1. In Linux distributions you can run one of several "Window Managers." Which
are you running and which version? Are you on KDE, Enlightenment, ICEWM?
2. What do you wish to accomplish by "windows commands"? Are you in the
shell - like DOS? Or do you mean what are the equivelants? For example, if
you're on XP/Vista, you use Explorer. KDE has Konqueror for this purpose.
www.filesite.org || www.perfectreign.com
Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it. - Dee
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- From: Tyron Rohland