Re: [opensuse] What does the 11th file permission bit (+) mean? "-rwxrwx---+"

David C. Rankin schrieb:
What in the world does the "+" at the end of the permissions mean?
These are files which have set additional ACLs. (man 5 acl)

For example use getfacl to list them.
Found it, but this is bizarre! In 8 years of running samba, in stand-alone
mode, I have never had this occur before. Now, somehow from WinXP, my legal
assistant was able to set something (not intentionally mind you) that I hadn't
seen before. (perhaps she is a closet hacker) I found the setfacl --remove-all
command that gets rid of this, but I'm still left wondering WTF happened?

That's usually intentional. One reason why ACLs were introduced is for
Samba usage to allow what Windows allows by setting per user access
lists to your samba shared files.
You can for example turn ACL support off on Linux filesystem level by
using "noacl" as mount option.

Wolfgang

  • Re: importing autocorrect / autotext entries
    ... Office folder along side the legitimate ACLs will not enable them to work as ... though they were part of the family, nor will the macro work in Word 2008. ... text files or simple lists of words. ... in word 04 i was able to import both lists as autocorrect entries via ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: ASP.NET Authentication
    ... Typically you would use groups in the allow/deny tags in NT format ... > Joe Kaplan wrote: ... >>for your application than to resort to file system ACLs. ...
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Cisco 2621 opinions
    ... I simply meant that the more ACLs you apply, ... the ios qos features work best with slower lines like BRIs. ... > Ethernet to Ethernet connection you could look at the 2651 or the 3600s. ... With CBAC and extensive lists, this could go down to 1.5mpbs. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: ASP.NET Authentication
    ... inefficient to include user names in a file instead of directly on the folder. ... use the element in the web.config file to specify allow/deny lists for your application than to resort to file system ACLs. ... remember that the worker process identity ...
  • Address Lists and ASP
    ... I want to hide some address lists because we have 2 companies on one ... I tried to modify the ACLs of a test address list that I ... Removed the inherit flag from a new address list. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.general)