Re: [opensuse] KDEs big mistake | Linux and Open Source | TechRepublic.com

ne... wrote:
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 08:03, Dave Plater <dave.plater@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ne... wrote:

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 15:56, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm sure many here agree with this.

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=295&tag=nl.e011

Sure they do, but I don't. My browsers of choice in order:

1 - Opera
2 - Konq
3 - Links
4 - FF

I use konsole & command line for file browsing and rarely use Konqueror.

Is this because of Dolphin by any chance?

Nope. Just what I am used to and comfortable with.

I don't really care about new users. As far as I am concerned, if they don't
want to learn the command line, tough on them. I can get around. And yes,
I do know this is a selfish view to take. As for the author's take on KDE4, mine
differs signicantly from his. I love it! The only problem is that fact that the
undo button on Spider solitaire is next to the restart button.

So the reason you love KDE4 is because you only use it for cards? By the
way KDE3.5 Spider solitaire has the same layout.

Nope. Looks good. Tastes great! See my needs are simple. Need to surf, read
my e-mail, rip my music for transfer to my Cowon D2 and watch DVDs.

Ok so k3b works properly now? That was one main reason for my dropping
of KDE4 for KDE3.5

Don't use it. All I need is pico/nano for editing.

ne...

I use mc.

I never did get into using it though it is excellent at what it does.

ne...

Try mc you'll become an addict.
Regards
Dave P