Re: [opensuse] KDEs big mistake | Linux and Open Source | TechRepublic.com

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 16:31, Larry Stotler <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I mean, I ran 10.0 on a PowerMac with 80MB RAM and was fairly
productive. Now you need at least 256MB. Where will it be with 12.x?
1GB? Linux has always been strong on lower end hardware.
Calm down. Things ain't all that bad. You'll be getting one of these for Xmas:
http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/12/cray-supercomputer-is-worlds-fastest-that-were-allowed-to-kno/

ne...
Now accepting personal mail for GMail invites.
Robert Orben - "Never raise your hand to your children - it leaves
your midsection unprotected."

  • Re: Which flavour for the following usage..
    ... > And I thought Linux required less hardware than Windows.. ... Windows but it can't work miracles on a machine that old. ... they even change some commands between version ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: (Xnews) Memory Problems reading goups with millions of posts - Thanks ->>> with a P.S. f
    ... need/want to DL more than 15,000 headers at once. ... You also haven't needed a PC that is a current hardware spec. ... aware of the existence of the "catch up and purge" feature, ... I also have a Linux Laptop with a 2.4 GHZ Mobile and 512 ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Moving From ProTools to Linux? Good or bad?
    ... I find that it's much easier to explain how audio routing works when people know the fundamentals. ... In hardware I always send them to the block diagram, and if necessary, coach them in reading it. ... I get the hint that Jack has something to do with this, but it's just not clear from what I can see from the JACK GUI. ... Has Linux "found" the sound card? ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: (OT) Re: Intel T5470 in HP 6820s taktet nicht runter?
    ... sollten aus Linux raus sein Das Fragezeichen sind ... Betrachtungssache) oder dass die Hersteller die Informationen zu den Geräten ... wenn sich zwei Treiber beißen. ... Obwohl sowohl Hardware als auch ...
    (de.comp.sys.notebooks)
  • Re: Dual-Licensing Linux Kernel with GPL V2 and GPL V3
    ... problems with hardware support and getting a new version of the BSD kernel to ... the GPL software in the device, it seems like a license violation to ... This would not only change the spirit of the license, ... Linux is the kernel. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)