Re: [opensuse] Recent subversion via YaST ?

* Diego Tognola <diego@xxxxxxxxxxx> [11-14-08 22:06]:

* installation:

sh ./autogen.sh
./configure --with-ssl
make
make install

be advised that openSUSE is an rpm based system and your install has
bypassed the rpn database and other installs with overlapping
dependencies may have problems and/or your system may become corrupt
due to this. Consider the use of "checkinstall" as a replacement for
"make install". This app will generate an rpm package and keep the
system true. It also provides a much easier uninstall provision if
needed.

thankyou for the information/procedure.

  • Re: [opensuse] Zypper segmentation fault
    ... Repository 'openSUSE BuildService - Wine CVS Builds' is up to date. ... Trying through yast again gave this xmessage: ... Rebuilding the rpm database did no good. ... --force install the qt and gtk rpms to downgrade to the latest 10.3 versions. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Test-Pls ignore
    ... different strokes for different distros... ... which openSUSE is. ... So I should look to see if the fileare rpm first? ... gave me the choice to install using one of the system's programs. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: rsync progress
    ... rpm was also installed. ... I don't think you /can/ install rpm on Ubuntu. ... Package management systems are one of the deepest divides between Linux distros. ... The first distro, pretty much, was the Softlanding Linux System, SLS. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • FW: [SLE] YaST Online Update Problem
    ... >>update one of the rpms manually to see if rpm will give you a better error ... >SuSE to try to apply one of the patches? ... >I've always used YaST for Online Updates and for installing new packages. ... Not only that, but at the end of the install, it ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: How to install Java/Frefox in FC6 -
    ... just don't trust java and rpm in the same breath, ... recall that when building packages, you always opt for ./configure && ... make && make install and I don't recall a single instance where you have ... I rebuilt kde to kde-3.3.0 using konstruct, didn't fix it. ...
    (Fedora)