Re: [opensuse] Recent subversion via YaST ?

* Diego Tognola <diego@xxxxxxxxxxx> [11-14-08 22:06]:

* installation:

sh ./autogen.sh
./configure --with-ssl
make
make install

be advised that openSUSE is an rpm based system and your install has
bypassed the rpn database and other installs with overlapping
dependencies may have problems and/or your system may become corrupt
due to this. Consider the use of "checkinstall" as a replacement for
"make install". This app will generate an rpm package and keep the
system true. It also provides a much easier uninstall provision if
needed.

thankyou for the information/procedure.

  • Re: [opensuse] Zypper segmentation fault
    ... Repository 'openSUSE BuildService - Wine CVS Builds' is up to date. ... Trying through yast again gave this xmessage: ... Rebuilding the rpm database did no good. ... --force install the qt and gtk rpms to downgrade to the latest 10.3 versions. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Test-Pls ignore
    ... different strokes for different distros... ... which openSUSE is. ... So I should look to see if the fileare rpm first? ... gave me the choice to install using one of the system's programs. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: rsync progress
    ... rpm was also installed. ... I don't think you /can/ install rpm on Ubuntu. ... Package management systems are one of the deepest divides between Linux distros. ... The first distro, pretty much, was the Softlanding Linux System, SLS. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Dependencies
    ... Should you install it or no? ... RPM is just a low-level tool that does one thing and that one ... If getting the GPG keys causes you heartburn, ... > To stay in the RPM subject, Apache give keys for their tarball versions. ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: Three newbie questions!
    ... You can see the main groups, then the applications ... Until you get to know the names of applications, it is best to use RPM ... You normally find a README, an INSTALL, and a doc ... If you have installed any libraries, then you must run the following ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)