[opensuse] Re: 64bit Kernel and 32bit Userland - how to do it?

Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
Joachim Schrod escribió:

AFAIU, 64-bit OpenSUSE comes with 32-bit userland programs. Do I get all
programs this way, or only a selection?

with a working selection.packages named "foo-32bit"

Thanks a lot for that information; I didn't know that and could look up the available package selection now.

So, if there is no MozillaFirefox-32bit.*.rpm in http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.0/repo/oss/suse/x86_64/, this means that there is no 32bit Firefox for OpenSUSE 11.0?

Also, am I missing something, or does http://software.opensuse.org/search not show the available 32bit packages? E.g., when I search for cairo in 11.0 -- where a 32bit package exists -- no such package is shown in the result section openSUSE:11.0/standard. (Just like the -doc and -devel packages are not shown, but there the difference between availability and non-availability is more technical and not a decision by the packager.)

Best,
Joachim

  • Evaluating Packages (for the Nth time!)
    ... Why does SuSE's installation have to evaluate installation packages: ... 3+ During package selection after each check for dependencies ... At the end of package selection ... That could let you default to it for your next install and not have to reset mount points, package selection, etc., and if you had to do a recovery, have a valid fstab saved to get access to fix things. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: LaTeX and Friends: Less Preliminary Version
    ... Chapter 1: Introduction to LaTeX ... The tabular Environment ... The booktabs Package ... Basic Typesetting Commands ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Book Announcement
    ... o Gary Smith for the research on installing TeX Live and LaTeX ... The booktabs Package ... The tabbing Environment ... Basic Typesetting Commands ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Finding installed package files
    ... >, and who is going to supply this documentation. ... > is a package with the common man pages for the thousand odd common commands ... tell me, as an installation option for some large packages, what was ... >>a set of commands and 'man' pages, could produce such a directory to make it ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: Finding installed package files
    ... is a package with the common man pages for the thousand odd common commands ... Seeing as how 18 percent of the package is documentation - have you looked ... >a set of commands and 'man' pages, could produce such a directory to make it ... There are 16 books in front of me between the monitors, ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)