Re: [opensuse] 11.0 Boxed set from Novell

Larry Stotler wrote:
Ok, I recently picked up a DVD drive for my Powerbook Wallstreet.
However, none of the DVDs I have made will work with it. It is an OLD
DVD drive, and I can't swap it for a newer one because of the way it
is made(trust me I tried - proprietary interface). It will read a DVD
movie disc just fine(and I have a DVD decoder coming for it, so that's
cool).

So, I went to Novell's website and was looking to order the media, and
I couldn't find a way to select which version I needed. Am I missing
something?

Thanx

I don't know that there is a full install CD set. However, you can use the network install CD to install from another computer. You don't even have to burn a DVD this way. Just loop mount the DVD ISO file and then share it as you would any other directory, using NFS. You may find this method is actually faster than installing from a DVD.

  • Re: Evo and Exchange
    ... FC3 and an upgrade from FC2 to FC3. ... I started EVO again, ... >> said was unsigned so wouldn't install it however this morning did yum update ... > DVDs are not CDs and you need different programs two write DVDs though DVD ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: A little help please!
    ... This so far was the best map to getting DVD media working I am going to ... Also I have the latest libdvdcss2 and libdvdcss2-dev installed. ... sudo aptitude install totem-xine ... Click either free or non-free depending on where the package you ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Vista Home Basic SP1 no luck
    ... DVD, but with backup/image/restore software on the HD. ... Windows update does not remind me anymore to install SP1, ... have really been stupid to get a Vista machine. ... restoration was some sort of restoration image on the hard drive ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Seeking Help
    ... As far as I am aware, the only REAL and painless way to install Ubuntu from ... a DVD is to buy the DVD from a place such as On-Disk.com (Ric! ... There is a well known and very well respected member of this mail list who has been promoting the idea that people who are having hassles with downloading the necessary files using the internet to buy a DVD - I repeat DVD - from the site I mentioned because it contained *all* the files necessary to install Ubuntu. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: 2 Macs: FW Target DM questions
    ... You can put the Intel Mini into target mode and copy data onto its hard ... and install from there or will it only install from a DVD? ... You have to boot from the DVD to do the installation. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)