Re: [opensuse] Samba Server Authentication Fails
- From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 20:59:08 -0600
Tech Mail wrote:
I did do smbpasswd -a, no errors, but still an empty smbpasswd file.
While looking for the logs, I discovered that the smbpasswd file was
being written to /
copying that file to /etc/samba didn't work, but copying the contents to
It seems to be working now, but I'd still like to know why the system
doesn't have the right default location
for Samba files
The problem is that samba was not configured with the option
Not uncommon at all with a new release. I am having problems with the nut ups
package and grub. All the little nits will get handled in the next few days or
weeks depending on priority. They get resolved faster if you will submit a bug
report to bugzilla.novell.com. Otherwise you have to wait until someone else
posts the bug report.
If it's not posted in the next day or two, I'll test and confirm and post it.
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC
510 Ochiltree Street
Nacogdoches, Texas 75961
Telephone: (936) 715-9333
Facsimile: (936) 715-9339
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: [opensuse] SuSE 11.1 Kmixer Microphone control
- Next by Date: [opensuse] RPM installations fail in 11.1 - why?
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Samba Server Authentication Fails
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Samba Server Authentication Fails