Re: [opensuse] Latest Compiz and 11.1 64-bit
- From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 21:22:14 -0600
Robin Klitscher wrote:
David C. Rankin wrote:
Have you been able to get the emerald-themes working with the packages from
X11:XGL packages? I can get compiz to work fine on x86_64, but the
emerald-themes wont work at all. Just thought I would chack.
Yes; I have emerald themes working well. That's the short answer.
Well S.O.B, you're right!
I did a complete update with Yast -> S/W Mgmt. -> Packages -> All Packages ->
Update if newer version available.
600M later, I fired compiz up with fusion-icon, all OK, selected emerald
decorations, all decorations disappeared, waited and few more seconds and poof,
my beautiful hand created emerald decorations rolled into view.
Good work J. and the rest of the compiz developers. We could care less about
nomad or effects across a remote connection, but we are very grateful to have
emerald back! Thanks!
One more nit gone from the 11.1 release. Now if we could get working
compositing ATI drivers back, things would really be looking up!
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC
510 Ochiltree Street
Nacogdoches, Texas 75961
Telephone: (936) 715-9333
Facsimile: (936) 715-9339
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Please share openSuSe developers with this issue
- Next by Date: [opensuse] X fails to load in XEN under openSUSE 11.1
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Latest Compiz and 11.1 64-bit
- Next by thread: [opensuse] from kde to genome