Re: [opensuse] Who is using Gnome?

James Knott fired up his etch-a-sketch and scratched out:

Really?, if I remember correctly, 11.0 defaulted to 3.5, so no forcing. 11.1
provides KDE3 alongside KDE4 so no forcing either, apart from the fact that
4.*0* was only part of 11.0, yet even 4.1 was not forced on anyone using
openSUSE and not fedora.

Sven

IIRC, in 11.1 KDE 3.5 is buried a bit, whereas if you select KDE, you
will get 4.

It was rather difficult to get KDE 3.x running on the 11.1 system. You
had to choose a few options and then I ended up with GNOME somehow.

I then went back and was able to get KDE 3 running just fine on 11.1.

--
kai

bis zum bitteren Ende

  • Re: [kde] Okular settings
    ... I have looked into the userbase.kde.org and the Okular settings without ... Is that in openSUSE 10.3? ... Do you use same home partition for Fedora and openSUSE? ... Fedora is using .kde directory for user ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: KDE 3.5 in Fedora 10
    ... Currently I use KDE 3.5 in openSUSE 11.1. ... I wanted to try out Fedora ... KDE 4.2 (new install/upgrade) crashed in openSUSE 11.1. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [opensuse] Fedora Vs. Opensuse
    ... Can the people of the opensuse ... compared to Fedora? ... KDE -- if you're a KDE user, I think you'll find that openSUSE's KDE ... GNOME -- if you're a GNOME user, I think you'll find that our GNOME ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Who is using Gnome?
    ... openSUSE and not fedora. ... IIRC, in 11.1 KDE 3.5 is buried a bit, whereas if you select KDE, you ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: To pulse or not to pulse?