Re: [opensuse] Amarok and MySQL

On January 31, 2009 01:33:20 am Bob Williams wrote:
I'm trying to get Amarok 1.4 to use the MySQL database, and I think I've
messed things up. I'm using KDE 3.5.10 running on opensuse 11.1.

Bob, there's a set of instructions at
http://opensuse-community.org/Amarok#Getting_Amarok_to_work_with_MySQL
that works just fine for getting Amarok 1.4 to work with Mysql.

I use Amarok 1.4 on OpenSuse 11.0 with KDE 3.5.10, and it works fine.

Use Yast. Install Mysql. Enable it to run on start. Add the database name and
password. Run Amarok and switch to mysql - note this needs the packman
version of amarok, not the original suse version.

All this is detailed in the notes at the url above.

Bob.

  • Re: amarok 1.3.5 and mysql???
    ... > the mysql dependence to appear (just because there is nothing special ... Why not just grab the source RPM and modify the spec file to make sure Amarok is ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Irrsinnige SQLite-"Datenbank" in digikam
    ... Kostet halt mehr Performance, mehr RAM und ist für den Benutzer mehr ... ich bin von Amarok begesitert seit ich auf MySQL umgestellt habe. ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.apps.kde)
  • Re: Yum disaster! DELETED mysql!
    ... I didn't change anything on mysql. ... > um..For some silly reason I have Amarok on this machine. ... > Amarok told yum to do it. ... The -y switch is for updates, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Amarok hat Sammlung vergessen
    ... Mein Amarok hat seit einem Neustart des WM die Sammlung »vergessen«. ... Amarok: 1.4.1 unter Debian Sid ... Ich benutze als Datenbank MySQL; ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.apps.kde)
  • Re: [opensuse] amarok: Uninitialized MySQL
    ... since yesterday i'm getting an Errormessage while starting amarok. ... The problem seems to be the recent update of mysql from 5.5.16 to ... Amarok launches and run the first time despite the error message. ...
    (SuSE)