Re: [opensuse] Amarok and MySQL

On January 31, 2009 01:33:20 am Bob Williams wrote:
I'm trying to get Amarok 1.4 to use the MySQL database, and I think I've
messed things up. I'm using KDE 3.5.10 running on opensuse 11.1.

Bob, there's a set of instructions at
http://opensuse-community.org/Amarok#Getting_Amarok_to_work_with_MySQL
that works just fine for getting Amarok 1.4 to work with Mysql.

I use Amarok 1.4 on OpenSuse 11.0 with KDE 3.5.10, and it works fine.

Use Yast. Install Mysql. Enable it to run on start. Add the database name and
password. Run Amarok and switch to mysql - note this needs the packman
version of amarok, not the original suse version.

All this is detailed in the notes at the url above.

Bob.