Re: [opensuse] Who is using Gnome?

Larry Stotler wrote:
On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 8:28 AM, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The KDE team should have look at the OS/2 WPS for ideas. It was doing
some incredible things 17 years ago, that I have not seen elsewhere.

Yeah, OS/2 had things that still aren't in most systems. v4.0 has
built-in voice recognition s/w. It was like Star Trek. Nothing else
has come close. Damn shame it never made it. I have a copy of v4
that I need to install at some point to rememer what I am missing....

I have every version from Warp 4 back to 2.1. I used to have 2.0, which
I eventually tossed and 1.3, which I sold to someone, but never used. I
also still have many CDs from when I worked at IBM Canada, where I did
3rd level OS/2 support. I used OS/2 on my home systems for about 10
years. Between OS/2 and Linux, I always feel as though I'm working with
one hand tied behind my back, when I have to use Windows.

  • OS/2 (WAS: Re: [opensuse] Who is using Gnome?)
    ... Larry Stotler wrote: ... Yeah, OS/2 had things that still aren't in most systems. ... running Parallels or maybe VirtualPC) because it is supposedly very ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: DRDOS questions
    ... >> could make that operating system and so the catch-up game ended. ... > Yeah, its too bad that IBM wasn't smart enough to see that if they sold ... > OS/2 for say 5 bucks, they would have had the volume to displace M$. ... > Xandros right now is making the same mistake- if they cut their price ...
    (comp.os.msdos.misc)
  • Re: [opensuse] Who is using Gnome?
    ... Yeah, OS/2 had things that still aren't in most systems. ... built-in voice recognition s/w. ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: WPS Wizard 6.0 icon themes at Netlabs Incoming
    ... Yeah, but OS/2 is. ... Registered Linux user #375994http://www.geocities.jp/rondonko/ ... So is the Mac and it is listed at his site. ...
    (comp.os.os2.misc)
  • Re: [opensuse] Ah, Sanity Returns to the Release Schedule
    ... Larry Stotler wrote: ... web trying to find out what the hell was going on from IBM even as a ... replace these on OS/2 originally... ... useful as a chocolate teapot, ...
    (SuSE)