Re: [opensuse] OS/2

On 2009/02/03 18:20 (GMT-0500) Larry Stotler composed:

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 5:34 PM, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have every version from Warp 4 back to 2.1. I used to have 2.0, which
I eventually tossed and 1.3, which I sold to someone, but never used. I
also still have many CDs from when I worked at IBM Canada, where I did
3rd level OS/2 support. I used OS/2 on my home systems for about 10
years. Between OS/2 and Linux, I always feel as though I'm working with
one hand tied behind my back, when I have to use Windows.

I bought my first copy of 2.1 with windows(blue spine) in 1992. It
was so awesome. Especially after fighting with Desqview. I used it
up till 3.0. I never had a copy of 4.0 until recently. I used my
warp3 for a long time, went to win98, and then founf SuSE 5.3 in 99.

I bought 2.0, but did little more than fiddle with it, finding it easier to
stick with DesqView. I did the same with 2.10, 2.11 & Warp 3. I bought Warp 4
too, but eventually decided to switch to it when I decided it was time for me
to have internet.

Don't bother trying to install from an original Warp 3 or 4 CD onto anything
with a HD bigger than about 2G or 8G (I don't remember which was the limit
back then). With existing releases of eComStation CDs, you'll need to
restrain yourself to installing on pre-SATA systems. However, current
purchase of the most recent release of eComStation entitles one to a license
for the next version (2.0) whenever it gets released. In the mean time, for
one year from purchase of the current version one is entitled to download and
install the 2.0 release candidates made available prior to the lapse of 12
months from purchase, which will install to more modern hardware than not.
The main holdup to getting 2.0 released has of late been ACPI debugging.
Owners of Warp 4 licenses are entitled to discount on eComStation purchase.

This message is brought to you by eCS: Mozilla/5.0 (OS/2; U; Warp 4.5; en-US;
rv:1.8.1.19) Gecko/20081212 SeaMonkey/1.1.14 (PmW) on an Intel Cedar Mill P4
@ 3.4GHz via Intel P965+ICH8R and SATA with ATI PCIe rv380. Current uptime is
26 days, 10+ hours. The original installation was several motherboards and
years ago. eCS upgrades from motherboard to motherboard were by simple HD
transference, or simple HD cloning from PATA to PATA or PATA to SATA. I find
that installation method simpler than installing from scratch and manually
configuring the WPS, which is not configurable via plain text files. The WPS
lives in INI files and EAs, and so does not lend itself to command line or
text editor tinkering.
--
"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your
mouths, but only what is helpful for building

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/