Re: [opensuse] k3b only as root

On Saturday 17 January 2009 03:09:46 pm Marcus Meissner wrote:

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 01:30:53AM -0600, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.

wrote:

On Saturday 17 January 2009, lynn <lynn@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote

about '[opensuse] k3b only as root':

/dev/sr0 is my burner. I give universal write to it. It works for
me as
a user. When I reboot the permissions have reset? How do I burn as
normal user? I.m on xfce under 11.1
Check out /etc/udev/rules.d -- Those files determine the
owner/group/permissions/symlinks/etc. for files in /dev.

The fix is in HAL, and we will release an online update for it next week.

Novell bug is 40825.

Ciao, Marcus

  • Re: [opensuse] Post installation queries (FIRST successful installation of Linux)
    ... permission from your *normal user* account by exercising root privileges ... user to root. ...  Done with sudo! ...   i - puts vi in insert mode ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: user privledges
    ... > redhat 7.2 i created a user account for myself to use on a daily basis. ... > fare i have just been su - and entering the root pass. ... it started but would not install because i did ... sofware to /opt/musicmatch as a normal user. ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: jail() House Rock
    ... Think carefully about exactly what kind of privileges your clients get. ... normal user account on the main server, and root inside the jail. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: [SLE] Firefox, fixed and broken again.... :-(
    ... >> through KDE as root but not as a normal user. ... But if it works for root, not for user, I ... I opened Firefox it opened fine. ... I then tried opening Firefox again - remember it ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: GUI login screen.
    ... Well i think the best solution to get around this is to setup a normal user account... ... then edit the /etc/passwd file and set that person with root permissions so as soon as they login theyre automatically made root. ...
    (Debian-User)