Re: [opensuse] Re: Reply to mailing lists

On Thursday 05 February 2009 04:30:57 pm Robert Smits wrote:
<snip>

It is. And none of the listserve developers actually recommend munging the
reply-to header to the list address, at least in part because doing so
removes your ability to reply only to the sender.
<snip>

Changing the Reply-To does not impact the From header. When a list has a
Reply-To set, replying to All, then deleting the list address from the
recipients list, works perfectly well for replying to an individual rather
than the list.

I really don't care what this list does with its reply-to. But to say that
reply-to munging "removes your ability to reply only to the sender" is plain
wrong.

Regards,
Tim

--
16:35:01 up 27 days, 3 min, 2 users, load average: 0.08, 0.28, 0.27
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts" John Wooden

  • Re: problem for darwinism: why has intelligence only evolved once?
    ... great ability with words and logic thinking. ... You also ignore mathematics and logic. ... taught in school, and memorizes easily most of the school topics. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Evolution and Morality
    ... young children vary in ability. ... "This person was born with a wonderful gift of musical talent." ... vocal cords, and so on, but 'musical talent' is what we perceive as ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Just now...
    ... Missing sleep on its own isn't going to do it. ... I've tried herbal Nytol, once, and it was ... useful for telling whether someone is of general low ability or they have ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: Ashes culprits for Australia
    ... > alvey wrote: ... >> ability then I await your future assertions with bated Match/series ... > It appears to me that in a series in which the Aussie top-order batting ... >> snip whatever. ...
    (rec.sport.cricket)
  • Re: Evolution and Morality
    ... young children vary in ability. ... Some ability is innate. ... is it possible that a different experience from birth ...
    (talk.origins)