Re: [opensuse] KDE 4.2 Desktop icons don't work

On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 16:33 -0800, Allen Zhu wrote:
On 2/9/09, Michael S. Dunsavage <mikesd1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I upgraded to KDE 4.2 and now my icons on the desktop are blank and 2
icons on the quick launcher bar are blank. Well they're white w/ 101010
in them and when you click on them they don't load anything and the
properties menu shoes nothing in them. Literally.

If I set the icons the way I want them and log out and and log in it
loads the default icons which are as I stated above.
--
Michael S. Dunsavage

I have no idea if this helps, but:

http://forums.opensuse.org/applications/406886-kde-4-2-icon-issues.html?

I have the same issue, and the two sets of oxygen icons are up-to-date.
It is not just that the icon is odd. The properties seem odd. I suspect
that the panel has info on this icon in a file, and the file has gone
missing or is empty. Just a guess.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Krukmakargatan 21
P.O. Box 17009
SE-104 62 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

  • Re: systray.exe
    ... Update your antivirus software and run a full system scan. ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ... The icons all load, but do not execute. ... Norton does not load at all upon double clicking. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: systray.exe
    ... The programs do not load when I click on the icons in desktop and Start Menu. ... The icons all load, but do not execute. ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Does Office 2003 have a newsgroup ?
    ... that I have to play around with the setting in my printer to have Office Word ... Is there a way to set up Office Word 2003 to load this ... > What he/she means are the three small icons on the bottom left of the Word ... >>> If you're saying you want to see your saved article as viewed (I'm ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • RE: Dynamic Images loading to Windows Forms Panel Control
    ... Why don't you load the files when you receive them using the Bitmap object ... or you can use any stream on System.IO. ... > I have a database that contains a table Icons. ...
  • Re: Internet Explorer fails to load any webpage, stays blank.
    ... toolbar icons load either, ... Also, in AIM instant messenger, pop ups ... Windows XP Professional SP2 ...