[opensuse] Re: Firefox 3 and kprinter for PDF

See Thread at: http://www.techienuggets.com/Detail?tx=41228 Posted on behalf of a User

I have successfully modified a single value in about:config so that the native print to file dialog in Firefox 3 consistently defaults to pdf and the default directory and file name of my choice.

I posted the solution to this link forums-test.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1010695

Scroll down to the last post in that thread, entitled "How to Modify about:config to Make the Firefox 3 "print to file" Dialog Window Default to pdf (instead of postscript) and Default to the Directory and File Name of Your Choice"

One cannot get Firefox 3 to send print jobs to kprinter so this is the closest you can get to the convenience of the kprinter dialog. Not a perfect solution but better than nothing.