Re: [opensuse] Help - tmp full
- From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 09:36:59 -0600
On Saturday 28 February 2009 07:06:29 am Carlos E. R. wrote:
On Saturday, 2009-02-28 at 11:02 +0100, Peter Ragosch wrote:
I've just running in a similar problem: couldn't log into kde desktop.
I could solve the problem by deleting (as root on init 3 level)
A log file with more then 23 GB! eating up all HD space.
Now every think works fine again.
Hope that helps.
Did you look inside that log file, to see what was taking so much space?
Someone having this problem has to look and fill a bugzilla.
When root of file system is out of space then /tmp is useless too.
Though, /var/log/zypper.logxxxx implies that it wasn't single file, but, as it
should be, a lot of smaller.
I looked zypper logs and they all are 6.5 MB since openSUSE 11.1 installation.
It could be that enormous logs are result of mixed updates and factory usage.
One can expect that default debug level of factory packages is elevated to
give more details.
It would be nice that someone from development team gives comment.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Book store & bar code software
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] Can't locate php5-mhash for 11.1 x86_64
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Help - tmp full
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Help - tmp full