[opensuse] Proper Use of "rkhunter --propupd"?

Hi,

I've noticed that whenever I update a package (many packages, anyway), I
start getting notifications from rkhunter (mostly that inode numbers
have changed). I then run "rkhunter --propupd" and the warnings cease.

I'm wondering what is the proper use of "rkhunter --propupd"? Should I
run it every time I update packages?

Randall Schulz

  • Re: pkg_add fails due to broken pipe. Is my system in a consistent state?
    ... ftp.freebsd.org when downloading packages? ... You mean like inode number, which cylinder ... static char * getpackagesite ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: exim, version 4.69, is out of date
    ... Yes, I use rkhunter, that was an rkhunter log message. ... I update my Debian Lenny system daily, ... Lenny just get updated packages when there ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: exim, version 4.69, is out of date
    ... it won't update packages just because there is a newer ... there is a security patch available for each of them. ... No. Rkhunter is not doing its job. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: UFS Crash and directories now missing
    ... with chkrootkit and rkhunter and run them from that external read-only media. ... I would also suggest that you look over config files of all packages ... With regard to verification of config files - you said you got backups (those ...