Re: [opensuse] Still think you WEP protection is sufficient for home use?

Greg Freemyer wrote:
Wasn't WPA cracked a couple months ago?

I don't care because I treat all wireless as unsecure. Apparently you
treat it as secure, so you have to keep track of these things.

WPA was partially cracked, but not WPA2. For best security, run WPA2 &
RADIUS server. I use WPA2 & preshared key. However, should you manage
to break WPA2, you still have to get through my firewall, which allows
only SSH (with key, not password) and OpenVPN.

  • Re: Wifi Security
    ... Then add in good practices and secure those endpoints! ... I have changed the security to WPA2 with a 128bit ... and attempt to break into her wireless internet connection. ... part of her network cannot do WPA2 but you actually want her network to ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Triple DES vs WPA, WPA2 and WPA PSK?
    ... cannot be that secure. ... WPA2 is more secure than WPA. ... cipher cipher algorithm, while WPA uses the less-secure RC4 cipher. ...
  • Re: Triple DES vs WPA, WPA2 and WPA PSK?
    ... I am currently evaluating providers of secure network connectivity, in light of problems I have had over a number of years. ... Over time I have read about encryption algorithms as related to other software products, so I have a basic understanding and have a lot to read, but was wondering if anyone with knowledge and experience in the topic could help. ... the Data Encryption Standard is an older and less secure encryption technique than AES used in WPA2. ... You should also be aware that "WPA2" and "WPA" are certification programs sponsored by the WiFi Alliance, ...
  • Technical Question on wireless security
    ... I have read about wireless networking security and set up a few wireless ... networks, but eventually will need to set up a *secure* network. ... is WPA2, one is 802.11X, and one is CCKM. ...
    (alt.computer.security)