Re: [opensuse] YaST (Software Management) and zypper give different package update results

Jay Mistry wrote:
YaST does not show the same packages that zypper (through konsole,
after su -) does. This was after I updated to KDE 4.2; also have KDE
3.5 installed.

The behavior of YaST does not depend on KDE or QT, the problem must be
somewhere else.

# rpmdb --rebuilddb
# zypper refresh -b
# zypper up

Doing the above, after su to root from init 3, gives a totally
different set of packages (which are correct, going by the version
numbers), than what YaST (GUI : YAST --> Software Management) shows.

How did you try to update via YaST?

- --

Ján Kupec
YaST team
- ---------------------------------------------------------(PGP)---
Key ID: 637EE901
Fingerprint: 93B9 C79B 2D20 51C3 800B E09B 8048 46A6 637E E901
- ---------------------------------------------------------(IRC)---
Nick: jniq
Channels: #zypp #yast #suse #susecz
- ---------------------------------------------------------(EOF)---
Version: GnuPG v2.0.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with SUSE -

  • [SLE] yast db rebuilding; YOU woes
    ... How do you rebuild the db that Yast uses to show installed packages? ... I ran 'rpm ... Logged out of KDE a week later or so, tried to log in again the ... Communication problem with susewatcher, ...
  • Re: Before I reinstall
    ... I'm really bummed cause I can see how Yast would work (I always wanted to ... Next, after you get to the text prompt in runlevel 3> type startx gnome, the press Enter. ... Then run> Online update to get more recent KDE files....That Should work!! ...
  • Re: How to run diagnostics on a hard drive?
    ... contains a set of HD diagnostics tools. ... using SuSE 10.0 and 11.0 it seams that YAST ... Now, I only use KDE for system maintenance, since SuSE prefers KDE. ... We'd like to run diagnostics on the hard drives. ...
  • Installing KDE 3.5.2 on SUSE 10.0 - Procedure -
    ... separate thread, and answer from Brian K ... In Yast, select update Software ... Then click on "KDE Desktop Environment" until the update symbol appear (kind ... Then you may have to remove qscintilla, and some applications, like XINE ...
  • [kde] Re: KDE Quality (problems) and my problems
    ... ;-) Yes I was referring to the indexing feature in KDE4. ... On the semantic desktop aspect I would hope that KDE is retaining it's ... of much use to me other than the usual folders. ... I tried to open an rpm with YAST to no avail. ...