Re: [opensuse] YaST (Software Management) and zypper give different package update results

  • [SLE] yast db rebuilding; YOU woes
    ... How do you rebuild the db that Yast uses to show installed packages? ... I ran 'rpm ... Logged out of KDE a week later or so, tried to log in again the ... Communication problem with susewatcher, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Before I reinstall
    ... I'm really bummed cause I can see how Yast would work (I always wanted to ... Next, after you get to the text prompt in runlevel 3> type startx gnome, the press Enter. ... Then run> Online update to get more recent KDE files....That Should work!! ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: How to run diagnostics on a hard drive?
    ... contains a set of HD diagnostics tools. ... using SuSE 10.0 and 11.0 it seams that YAST ... Now, I only use KDE for system maintenance, since SuSE prefers KDE. ... We'd like to run diagnostics on the hard drives. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Installing KDE 3.5.2 on SUSE 10.0 - Procedure -
    ... separate thread, and answer from Brian K ... In Yast, select update Software ... Then click on "KDE Desktop Environment" until the update symbol appear (kind ... Then you may have to remove qscintilla, and some applications, like XINE ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • [kde] Re: KDE Quality (problems) and my problems
    ... ;-) Yes I was referring to the indexing feature in KDE4. ... On the semantic desktop aspect I would hope that KDE is retaining it's ... of much use to me other than the usual folders. ... I tried to open an rpm with YAST to no avail. ...
    (KDE)