Re: [opensuse] Proxy configuration?
- From: Rodney Baker <rodney.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 07:33:38 +1030
On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 01:27:21 Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
Hi VK5ZTV de Rodney, :)
2009/3/31 Rodney Baker <rodney.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 00:28:45 Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
I have an IPCop box with Update Accelerator and Advanced Proxy.
Behind it I have two OpenSuSE 11.0 machines, one of them only recently
installed but not updated.
I have seen the IPCop box has a few RPM's stored on it and so would
prefer not to download them again.
Do I need to configure the newer OpenSuSE box to query the proxy on
IPCop first before going to the net for its updates or will it happen
automatically as there is no other way onto the net other than thru
the IPCop box?
If I do need to configure it, which file/where etc? I am using KDE on
If you're using Zypper, it uses curl for http downloads. Add the
following lines to /root/.curlrc (as root of course...):
Thanks for the code lines but I am using Yast and I can supply an IP
for the proxy server.
OK, but doesn't Yast use zypper/libzypp/libcurl behind the scenes? Or am I
mistaken? If so, you do need those lines because otherwise zypper/yast/curl
won't use the proxy settings set in kde or Yast. To get it to work on my box I
had to add the proxy line to /root/.curlrc.
Try it and see. I may be wrong (it has happened before) but that is my
Rodney Baker VK5ZTV
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
- Prev by Date: [opensuse] Re: Fate - we can't all suggest new features!! [ WAS: Re: /dev/disk/by-uuid ? ]
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] New ATI driver released... And works! -- NOT!
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Proxy configuration?
- Next by thread: [opensuse] Knetworkmanager on SuSE11.1 doesn't start