Re: [opensuse] New ATI driver released... And works! -- NOT!

David C. Rankin wrote:
Dave Plater wrote:

peter nikolic wrote:

On Thursday 02 April 2009, Dave Plater wrote:

Its called libstdc++33 now.
Dave P

Errrrr nope no go no installed by that still the same

Anyone else know of the location of the one that is needed to
install the latest fglrx ati drivers

Pete .

I'm not sure what you are trying to do but if it involves compiling
something then you need libstdc++33-devel. From 11.1 it's called
libstdc++33, if you're using 11.0 and down it's compat-libstdc++.
These packages contain and for compiling you need the
devel versions as well.
Dave P

If that is right, why do I get this on my 11.0 x86_64 box:

15:22 alchemy:~/linux/scripts> rpm -q --whatprovides

Sorry for my english (I am thats why its bad) I stated above "if you're
using 11.0 and down it's compat-libstdc++" which means:- opensuse equal
to and less than 11.0 = compat-libstdc++".
opensuse equal to and greater than 11.1 = libstdc++33. In fact there is
a whole range of libstdc++ compatibility libraries. In 11.2 alpha I have
libstdc++33, libstdc++41, libstdc++43 and libstdc++44 available if
needed. I think the powers that be are trying to limit the size of the
compat libs that need to be installed so one package has split into many.
Dave P

  • Re: Complete Linux Recording Package Ready To Roll.
    ... How to install Rehmudi-2.0 ... if you don't have any sound, ... dependencies of Agnula Packages ... ... from the new kernel. ...
  • FS: Complete Linux Recording Package Ready To Roll.
    ... How to install Rehmudi-2.0 ... if you don't have any sound, ... dependencies of Agnula Packages ... ... from the new kernel. ...
  • Which debian sources to use to install to Knoppix 4.0.2?
    ... running into a problem when I install software to version 4.0.2 that I ... Check out the list of extra packages to be installed, ... akregator ark cupsys cupsys-bsd cupsys-client gcc-4.0-base gs-common ... kdepim-kfile-plugins kdepim-kio-plugins kdeprint kdesktop kdessh kdf ...
  • Apt Gone Mad?-Or Is It Me?-Expert Help Needed
    ... So tried to upgrade OO to 2.0 but Apt refused to do so. ... Aptitude doesn't show anything but Wajig shows unmet dependency for kdelibs-data. ... The following packages are unused and will be REMOVED: agsync arson barcode brahms cdda2wav cddb digikam digikamimageplugins gmessage guarddog guidedog hotswap-gui hotswap-text i2e id3v2 kbarcode kbear kbiff kdebase-dev kdirstat kile kimdaba klog klogic kmymoney2 knetfilter knutclient komba2 kover kprof kpsk krusader ksimus ksimus-boolean ksimus-datarecorder ksimus-floatingpoint ksocrat ksocrat-data kvdr kvirc kvirc-data kvirc-doc kwavecontrol kxmleditor lesstif2 libdynamite libimlib2-dev libkonq4-dev libmimedir liborange ... ChatagnierL-Home:/temp# wajig install Reading Package Lists... ...
  • Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2014 #1074
    ... checking the full error correction data. ... the devs and the users in debian is entirely inappropriate, ... Some packages could not be installed. ... I have just tried to install vlc on this laptop. ...