Re: [opensuse] New ATI driver released... And works! -- NOT!

David C. Rankin wrote:
Dave Plater wrote:

peter nikolic wrote:

On Thursday 02 April 2009, Dave Plater wrote:

Its called libstdc++33 now.
Regards
Dave P

Errrrr nope no go no libstdc++.so.5 installed by that still the same
complaint

Anyone else know of the location of libstdc++.so.5 the one that is needed to
install the latest fglrx ati drivers

Pete .

I'm not sure what you are trying to do but if it involves compiling
something then you need libstdc++33-devel. From 11.1 it's called
libstdc++33, if you're using 11.0 and down it's compat-libstdc++.
These packages contain libstdc++.so.5 and for compiling you need the
devel versions as well.
Regards
Dave P

Dave,

If that is right, why do I get this on my 11.0 x86_64 box:

15:22 alchemy:~/linux/scripts> rpm -q --whatprovides libstdc++.so.5
compat-libstdc++-5.0.7-121.1

????

Sorry for my english (I am thats why its bad) I stated above "if you're
using 11.0 and down it's compat-libstdc++" which means:- opensuse equal
to and less than 11.0 = compat-libstdc++".
opensuse equal to and greater than 11.1 = libstdc++33. In fact there is
a whole range of libstdc++ compatibility libraries. In 11.2 alpha I have
libstdc++33, libstdc++41, libstdc++43 and libstdc++44 available if
needed. I think the powers that be are trying to limit the size of the
compat libs that need to be installed so one package has split into many.
Regards
Dave P

  • Re: Complete Linux Recording Package Ready To Roll.
    ... How to install Rehmudi-2.0 ... if you don't have any sound, ... dependencies of Agnula Packages ... ... from the new kernel. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • FS: Complete Linux Recording Package Ready To Roll.
    ... How to install Rehmudi-2.0 ... if you don't have any sound, ... dependencies of Agnula Packages ... ... from the new kernel. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Which debian sources to use to install to Knoppix 4.0.2?
    ... running into a problem when I install software to version 4.0.2 that I ... Check out the list of extra packages to be installed, ... akregator ark cupsys cupsys-bsd cupsys-client gcc-4.0-base gs-common ... kdepim-kfile-plugins kdepim-kio-plugins kdeprint kdesktop kdessh kdf ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Apt Gone Mad?-Or Is It Me?-Expert Help Needed
    ... So tried to upgrade OO to 2.0 but Apt refused to do so. ... Aptitude doesn't show anything but Wajig shows unmet dependency for kdelibs-data. ... The following packages are unused and will be REMOVED: agsync arson barcode brahms cdda2wav cddb digikam digikamimageplugins gmessage guarddog guidedog hotswap-gui hotswap-text i2e id3v2 kbarcode kbear kbiff kdebase-dev kdirstat kile kimdaba klog klogic kmymoney2 knetfilter knutclient komba2 kover kprof kpsk krusader ksimus ksimus-boolean ksimus-datarecorder ksimus-floatingpoint ksocrat ksocrat-data kvdr kvirc kvirc-data kvirc-doc kwavecontrol kxmleditor lesstif2 libdynamite libimlib2-dev libkonq4-dev libmimedir liborange ... ChatagnierL-Home:/temp# wajig install openoffice.org Reading Package Lists... ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2014 #1074
    ... checking the full error correction data. ... the devs and the users in debian is entirely inappropriate, ... Some packages could not be installed. ... I have just tried to install vlc on this laptop. ...
    (Debian-User)