Re: [opensuse] Why Not Fix the Easy Bugs??
- From: Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 08:53:44 +0200
On Tuesday 14 April 2009 08:45:09 David C. Rankin wrote:
If I'm required to fix bugs with the packages I build for build service,
why in the heck isn't Joachim Eibl required to fix his?
Joachim Eibl is not the packager in the build service, he is the upstream
You're right that the packager should fix this, but as I told you before, he
hasn't responded yet
What makes this instance even more acute is the blatant admission that
it was due to a bleeping mistake of building the kde3 kdiif3 package against
kde4 -- whoops! Fix-it! See:
I have no idea what you're talking about here. There is no technical way to
"build a kde3 package against kde4". The problem is in the name. kdiff3 now,
despite the name, is a kde4 package. Version 0.90 was the last kde3 version,
later versions are kde4. Not "kde3 built against kde4", but actually ported to
kde4. You cannot build them against kde3, the code has changed.
This is the point. The kde3 version should have stayed at version 0.90, and
later versions should have been renamed something like kde4-kdiff3
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Why Not Fix the Easy Bugs??
- Next by Date: [opensuse] Re: nVidia driver.
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Why Not Fix the Easy Bugs??
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Why Not Fix the Easy Bugs??