Re: [opensuse] Problem with codec installer in opensuse 11.1

Yin T wrote:
I also tried to use another link to install the codecs.
http://opensuse-community.org/Restricted_Formats/10.3 as suggested by Benji

Hi all,

this pathetic problem again!

I have had it with every install of OpenSUSE since I can remember.

I installed the http://opensuse-community.org/Restricted_Formats/11.1 -
the http://opensuse-community.org/codecs-kde.ymp install. Nothing
changed. No sound form Firefox (e.g. YouTube sound). All other audio
programmes work.

Anyone got a 'new' solution I also tried:

TROUBLESHOOTING

Sometimes things are not installed correctly. When that happens, you
will find that you cannot play mp3, mp4, wmv using totem. At that point
key to making it work correctly may not be so obvious. Here is what I
did to get things working after the default install attempt went badly.

The key was to DISABLE all repositories but the packman and libdvdcss
repositories... then remove all of the gstreamer packages and totem.
Then do the install using the link from
http://opensuse-community.org/Restricted_Formats/11.1. After this,
re-enable all of repositories that you disabled before and then install
totem. At that point everything works.

TIA

Al

  • Re: problem installing kino on fc5
    ... After half of year of using fc5 I noticed that livna is the largest repository for fc5, but unfortunatelly at installation time, I read installation notes and it contained steps for using freshrpms and dries repositories. ... When I try to install kino software I ge following message: ... Error: Missing Dependency: libx264.so.48 is needed by package kino ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Query on databases
    ... Hey Gayatri, ... You shall use PPM to set a local repository. ... Searching in Active Repositories ... > If you are using ActiveState Perl, then install the module via PPM. ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: Nvidia help pls ...
    ... I sure was interested in computers but I had trouble with relating to ... again) that listed a ton of different Ubuntu Nvidia items to dl. ... I'm hoping that following the above install page is all I need. ... I don't know as I haven't had luck dl from repositories even using ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Yum issues..
    ... Subject: Yum issues ... Setting up Install Process ... especially considering that the interim fedora repositories have ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: OT: Apt-get vs YUM?
    ... Yum: Has least built-in features of the three package managers ... Apt: A well integrated product with more built-in features than yum. ... apt does not have prioritization of repositories. ... go out of one's way to install smart and configure third-party ...
    (Fedora)