[opensuse] Suse Support for Jumbo Frames

I'm running Suse 11 on an MSI K9N NEO Version 3.
According to the motherboard manual, the lan nic
is a Realtek RTL8111B which, according to its
datasheet, supports Jumbo frames to 7422. I have
not succeeded in setting the mtu to 7422 using
either ifconfig or the ip command. It's hard to
believe that Suse 11 doesn't support Jumbo frames.

How are Jumbo Frames enabled in Suse?

Thanks.

  • Re: [opensuse] Suse Support for Jumbo Frames
    ... believe that Suse 11 doesn't support Jumbo frames. ... How are Jumbo Frames enabled in Suse? ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Please Help ! gtk fonts -Solved !!
    ... found out that I did not have gnome-control-center installed. ... To all who advised me it would be in Control Center; ... gnome-control-center must be run from the command line. ... There is not a word anywhere from SuSE about these things and their ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: simple LAN
    ... No. Kenneth on this list learned me about the command ip a which is ... not mentioned in O'Reilly's Nutshell or the SuSE manual. ... about how to find unknown IP addresses of computers in a LAN. ... if your internet router acts as a firewall for your ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Installing packages
    ... Suse is there a command line packaging system similar to either urpmi ... Can I configure Yast software management to download software from ... opened up the gui installer and installed it from CD1 & 2. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] printer loss [susepro 9.1]
    ... > I found that I had added port 631 to the firewall and the ... What does the command kcmshell printmgr show? ... required that you set a cups admin passwd with lppasswd -g sys root in ... UNIX since 1989, linux since 1994, SuSE since 1998 ...
    (SuSE)