Re: [opensuse] Edit a file with gedit as root causes error messages
- From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 22:05:24 +0200 (CEST)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On Tuesday, 2009-04-28 at 12:09 -0700, buzlite wrote:
When I su to root to edit a text file, I received the following message in
the console. Could someone give some insight?
# gedit /etc/wvdial.conf
(gedit:4437): EggSMClient-WARNING **: Failed to connect to the session
manager: None of the authentication protocols specified are supported
GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes
are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale
Which openSUSE version are you using?
Are you doing that inside gnome?
Try using "su -" instead.
- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: [opensuse] Edit a file with gedit as root causes error messages
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] yum, python 2.6 and Suse 11.1 - A sad tale
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] Edit a file with gedit as root causes error messages
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Edit a file with gedit as root causes error messages