Re: [opensuse] Checkinstall [Was: yum, python 2.6 and Suse 11.1 - A sad tale]

Carlos E. R. wrote:

Checkinstall is a gross hack and does not really fit into openSUSE as it
will happily create packages that defy all rules for this distribution.

I don't care. It fits our uses. Not yours, because you are a dev. Ours.

Carlos, if you don't care, why not just compile into a home directory
and put that directory into your path? That way you don't risk
corrupting the rest of the system, and you don't need checkinstall.

John Perry

  • Re: [opensuse] Checkinstall [Was: yum, python 2.6 and Suse 11.1 - A sad tale]
    ... I don't care. ... It fits our uses. ... Carlos, if you don't care, why not just compile into a home directory ... corrupting the rest of the system, and you don't need checkinstall. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: I am Absolutely Stunned and Physically ill After reading this.
    ... | Carlos wrote: ... |> | Police and child protection agency of Cholbury Province searched the ... |> take care of the girl and/or help the mother financialy. ... | could never see how we live our lives differently than her. ...
    (soc.culture.thai)
  • Re: Query concerning USS uids and home directories.
    ... home directory. ... We don't have to care, ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: [SLE] MozillaFirefox 0.9.1
    ... On Monday 05 July 2004 04:00, Xaos Katawin wrote: ... >> If you didn't care about whether other users could access it, ... I just put it into every $HOME directory ... I had the lockup prob, too, w/the version on SuSE's ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: WTF?
    ... And why there's a 'file' in my home directory called .gvfs which I can't ... That's your white trash file. ...
    (uk.misc)