Re: [opensuse] Re: Large disks in Opensuse 11

jdd wrote:

Roger Oberholtzer a écrit :

lsusb
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 046d:c043 Logitech, Inc. MX320 Laser Mouse
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 046d:c30e Logitech, Inc. UltraX Keys (X)
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Um, which in the above is the disk?

probably nowhere, I see only mouse, keyboard and USB hubs
is not there any switch in the box? (or any evidence the disk is
running in the box. I understand the box and the disk where not bough
together? I have had interface problems

I believe you are right, only the hubs are displayed. Pardon me for my
misunderstanding.

The disk is running, and was detected when I plugged it into a Windows
Vista computer. Apparently there is nothing wrong with the disk, but
Opensuse 11 will not recognize it.

Per Inge Oestmoen, Norway

  • Re: ad0 READ_DMA TIMEOUT errors on install of 7.0-RELEASE
    ... It does not matter how new/old the disk is, ... I always figured it was due to the rotational speed increase in commodity drives. ... I'm assuming that it is total power on time since the drive was manufactured. ... Help me or I switch to DragonFly BSD/Desktop BSD/Linux which is perfect and has no problems!" ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: data transfer rates between networked computers
    ... Gigabit switch built-in. ... I don't have a WLAN NIC on the linux box, ... from the RAM disk on one computer to the ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • can you make a hard disk read-only?
    ... I'm wondering if there's some way of making a hard disk drive read-only ... -install a base system from woody CDs with the switch set to writeable. ... You could even do this semi-automatically, if the hardware was designed so ... this for these older drives just by preventing the DIOW- line ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: CHKDSK: no Winlogon result
    ... Simple fact is - if I don't run disk checks for greater than 20 re-starts, I can end up with crashes and / or the blue screen of death! ... Often, these errors that have arisen, have been corrected with starting the WinXP Recovery Console and running [chkdsk /f]... ... switch, unless you ... have received error messages stating, specifically, that the disk has ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Self-contained Virtual KVM for Windows + Linux partitions
    ... would let you switch between two operating systems, ... manages system RAM, peripheral devices, disk space, etc. ... What about alternating the two OS's from hibernation? ... Both operating systems try to cache and modify disk ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)