Re: [opensuse] Large disks in Opensuse 11

On Thursday May 7 2009, Greg Freemyer wrote:

But you don't have to do that for now, just put the drive inside the
computer and connect it via sata directly and see if the problem goes
away. If it does you likely have a bad enclosure. If you still have
problems, then likely have a bad drive.

Felix said there are two internal SATA connectors and Per O. said he had
SATA disks (plural) inside, to presumably both SATA ports are in use.

But it would probably help the diagnostic situation to try connecting
the troublesome drive to the SATA port at least temporarily.

Greg

Randall Schulz

  • Re: Sata and win xp install issue
    ... "The JMicron SATA ports are external." ... Since I have the SATA drives I have a floppy loaded with the RAID drivers so that is ready to go. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Help with Hard Drive Stand By / Turn Off / Spin Down
    ... You have two sata controlers, hence different coloured sata ports. ... As far as I'm aware any hotswap device needs to be installed in a hotswap ... As of right now the only way I can get the external drive to spin down ...
  • Re: PCIe SATA HBA for ZFS on -STABLE
    ... Not interested in SATA III 6GB at this time... ... These are UIO cards, so the bracket that comes with it doesn't work with ... you may want to hook them up to on-board SATA ports. ... than the same SSD connected to LSI1068 based controller. ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: P5W DH Deluxe -or- P5B Deluxe
    ... for two PATA drives. ... Sata Sata ... The P5B Deluxe has a Southbridge with 6 SATA ports and no IDE ... For your memory question, a FSB1066 processor with a 64 bit ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: SATA connectors?
    ... case is suppose to have three ports; USB 2, FW 400, and SATA. ... While more and more PCs come with SATA ports built into the motherboard, ... Firewire 400 speeds aren't a good match for eSATA due to Firewire 400 ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)