Re: [zypp-devel] Re: [opensuse] zypper - ignore vendors & download first

On Wed, 27 May 2009 16:49:11 +0200, Michael Andres <ma@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday 25 May 2009 10:23:59 Michael Andres wrote:
I have 2 questions for libzypp and the zypper commandline tool:

1. Is there any way to completely and forcefully disable the vendor
check ? I now that I can add trusted vendors to the list, but that
is
not my objective. I rely on the repo priority, and do not wish to
use
the vendor check feature of libzypp.

None that i know of. CCing to zypp-devel mailing list.

We can have a zypp.conf option for this. That should not be a big deal.

JFYI: Will be available in libzypp-6.6.0.

##
## EXPERTS ONLY: Per default the solver will not replace packages of
## different vendors, unless you explicitly ask to do so. Setting this
## option to TRUE will disable this vendor check (unless the application
## explicitly re-enables it). Packages will then be considered based on
## repository priority and version only. This may easily damage your
system.
##
## CHANGING THE DEFAULT IS NOT RECOMMENDED.
##
## Valid values: boolean
## Default value: false
##
# solver.allowVendorChange = false

--

Ah, this is great! I have been wanting this for so long. I should have
spoken earlier :-)

cu,
Michael Andres

Kind regards