Re: [opensuse] Re: Re: The Ext4 file system
- From: Dave Plater <dave.plater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 13:10:55 +0200
Heinz Diehl wrote:
On 05.06.2009, Dave Plater wrote:I use the partition I changed from ext3 to ext4 for backing up my home
Take note I'm running factory and have the latest version of e2fsprogs and a
2.6.30-rc6-git3-4-default kernel. I'll see how it compares to my main
It sucks :-)
I did some benchmarks for some time, not only throughput, but also
responsiveness (with Ted Tso's fsync-tester), and ext4 is still behind xfs.
It handles a lot of very small files somewhat faster than xfs, but that's it.
I'm using ext2 for my boot partition and XFS for all the rest exclusively.
directory etc when I do a fresh install and for storing dvd isos, its
basically stuck on ext3 for the life of the hard drive. Converting it to
ext4 is the only thing I can do otherwise it would have been xfs a long
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Native Webex recordings(.wrf) player in Linux
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] Re: Re: The Ext4 file system
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] Re: Re: The Ext4 file system
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Re: Re: The Ext4 file system