Re: [opensuse] programming suggestion needed...

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 04:54:02PM +0200, James Hatridge wrote:
I'm looking for a way to have a program open a web site, then automaticly
click on a button. Then wait X seconds or minutes and do it again.

Can someone point me to some type of sample code that would do this?

Thanks,

JIM

That sounds like a high-level task which is easiest (and best) achieved
with one of the "mechanize" implementations, like
http://search.cpan.org/dist/WWW-Mechanize/ (Perl) or
http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/mechanize/ (Python)
Use whatever language amuses you. There are probably other
implementations in further languages.

I have used the Python module to write an ebay bidding agent in 20
lines, works nicely.

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development