Re: [opensuse] editor that does not eat out TAB characters

Maura Monville wrote:
For instance, Emacs won't work for this particular problem.

I don't use emacs or python but ...

'make' files depend on tabs being in exactly the right place and I'd be
astounded if emacs can't be used to edit make files!

It also seems rather strange that there are apparently two Python modes
for emacs if it can't be used to edit python :)

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/PythonMode

So my bet is that emacs can be used to edit python. How much do I win?

Cheers, Dave

  • Re: Anyone use ELSE minor-mode in Emacs?
    ... > with the standard emacs keys, but I don't like to change them. ... Emacs and Vim key-bindings are pretty different, ... Vim that I was in Emacs. ... Then a Python script analyses the received email and pre-sorts it in ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: what I would like python.el to do (and maybe it does)
    ... python with emacs), but I would also like to share ... that there are two major emacs mode for python around: ... line but the whole buffer; the closest to my needs, ... To do so, I don't really need a major mode, I admit; ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: anygui,anydb, any opinions?
    ... Thomas> As did many with Fortran. ... Is Python a comfortable place for the Luddites ... better set of tools -like editor displayed on a CRT hooked up to ... stumbled upon Gosling's Emacs, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Interactive Python programming in ... vi [was: Tab wars revisited]
    ... >> Emacs allows me to interact with a continuously live instance of ... >> the Python interpreter. ... Steve> editors. ... feature of Emacs' is simply having input to and output from the ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: how do "real" python programmers work?
    ... I write Python code in emacs. ... Emacs has an great python-mode. ... Python editor is a built in code browser, embedded interactive shell, ... The bottom window has my interpreter. ...
    (comp.lang.python)