Re: [opensuse] Re: grub no longer being maintained? so Suse drops support for XFS boot?

jdd wrote:

Per Jessen a écrit :
Steffen Winterfeldt wrote:

It doesn't have the disadvantages of lilo

What are the disadvantages of lilo? (apart from not being supported
by YaST)

/Per

1) lilo *is* supported by YaST, just not default (at least in 11.1)

Uh, no - if you change the bootloader to lilo in 11.1, you are told that
lilo is no longer supported = you're on your own.

2) lilo don't have the boot editor. It's very usefull for advanced
users when changing some hardware and the computer don't boot anymore..

I consider myself an advanced user, but I have no idea what the "boot
editor" is - is it a special grub feature? Anyway, I'm sure it's a
disadvantage not to have it, I just haven't been hit by it yet.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (23.5°C)