Re: [opensuse] openoffice 3.0 packages for 10.3
- From: Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 15:09:07 +0200
I have openSUSE 10.3.
I am searching for the latest openoffice 3.0 packages, where can I find
them? In the official update repository the version is still 2.3 and in the
software repository it is 3.1. Where are the previous 3.0 packages?
I am afraid that they are lost, definitely.
The 2.3 packages were distributed with openSUSE-10.3. The 3.1 packages are
provided by the Build Service project OpenOffice.org:STABLE.
The 3.0 packages were provided by the Build Service project seven months ago.
The were replaced by the 3.0.1 packages four months ago and they have been
replaced by 3.1 packages two weeks ago. It would need too much disk space to
keep all the older versions :-(
Thank you for answering.
I meant the latest 3.0.1 packages.
It is a pity that in the build service repository only the newest packages are available and older packages are removed. In case you find out that the newest package is not what you are expecting you can not turn back to the earlier version. The same applies to the packman repo.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Java plugin not working in 64-bit Firefox?
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] grub no longer being maintained? so Suse drops support for XFS boot?
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] openoffice 3.0 packages for 10.3
- Next by thread: [opensuse] Aspire One D150