Re: [opensuse] openoffice 3.0 packages for 10.3

I have openSUSE 10.3.
I am searching for the latest openoffice 3.0 packages, where can I find
them? In the official update repository the version is still 2.3 and in the
software repository it is 3.1. Where are the previous 3.0 packages?

I am afraid that they are lost, definitely.

The 2.3 packages were distributed with openSUSE-10.3. The 3.1 packages are
provided by the Build Service project OpenOffice.org:STABLE.

The 3.0 packages were provided by the Build Service project seven months ago.
The were replaced by the 3.0.1 packages four months ago and they have been
replaced by 3.1 packages two weeks ago. It would need too much disk space to
keep all the older versions :-(

Thank you for answering.
I meant the latest 3.0.1 packages.
It is a pity that in the build service repository only the newest packages are available and older packages are removed. In case you find out that the newest package is not what you are expecting you can not turn back to the earlier version. The same applies to the packman repo.
Thanks again,
Istvan

  • Re: [SLE] Libzypp Issues - Where Are The Updates for Manual Downloading?
    ... several Xen virtual machines. ... packages are no longer in the people/ajdirectory. ... You need to add the update repository, ... or by adding in the "Installation Source" dialog manually. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Yast Softare Management crashes
    ... you have enabled and downgrade all qt packages in yast by selecting ... -> update repository" and looking for any qt packages shown in red ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] openoffice 3.0 packages for 10.3
    ... I am searching for the latest openoffice 3.0 packages, ... In the official update repository the version is still 2.3 and in the ... The 3.0 packages were provided by the Build Service project seven months ago. ... You can get the 3.0.1 builds of pretty much any mirror of the official ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] openoffice 3.0 packages for 10.3
    ... I am searching for the latest openoffice 3.0 packages, ... In the official update repository the version is still 2.3 and in the ... software repository it is 3.1. ... The 3.0 packages were provided by the Build Service project seven months ago. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: YaST updates are not latest-and-greatest
    ... Ruby, OpenOffice, Firefox, Adobe Reader, etc., etc. ... Firefox is free. ... Their linux packages work fine on OpenSUSE. ... Download whatever you want, compile it, install and see if it works. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)