Re: [opensuse] grub no longer being maintained? so Suse drops support for XFS boot?

On 2009/06/16 21:47 (GMT+0200) Carlos E. R. composed:

I find that shell impossible to use without printed instructions by the
side. The first dificulty being that I have to translate linux names like
hdc5 to the equivalent grub name.

One who has not taken the trouble to learn this translation scheme would
obviously need a cheat sheet of some kind, but that learning is something I
would expect an average 9 year old to be able to pick up and remember in less
than 30 minutes of instruction, self-taught or otherwise. Maybe I'm giving
the 9 year old too much credit, and maybe it is different for those whose
native language is not English, but remembering /dev device c == Grub device
2 and /dev partition 5 == Grub partition 4 is just not a problem for me.
--
"Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone,
for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/