Re: [opensuse] Accessing a partition more than once (ar equivalent functionality)

On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 12:31 +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Wednesday 17 June 2009 12:25:20 Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
I know this is a strange question, but here goes:

I have three partitions. One is /home. The other two are different
versions of openSUSE. I boot one of them (obviously). I then mount the
other version as /otheros.

The thing is, I want to access /home as /home from the booted OS (that
works) as well as the other mounted OS. I chroot to the other OS mount
point when this is needed.

I guess the following works:
mount --bind /home /otheros/home

see man mount (8) for details about --bind.

The same I do for /proc and /dev already in chroots:
mount --bind /proc /otheros/proc

Hmm. I mount the /proc in my chroot, but without the --bind

Nonetheless, this did the trick. Thanks!

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB