Re: [opensuse] Upgrading KDE4 on 11.1
- From: michael norman <michaeltnorman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 17:39:40 +0100
On Wednesday 08 July 2009 14:36:58 Clayton wrote:
I apologise in advance that this has been covered before but I cannot
find the solution. I have afresh installation of 11.1 64 bit withe KDE
I want to upgrade that to a newer version either 4.2 or 4.3 but I cannot
resolve the dependency problems that occur whenever I try.. I have looked
for howtos and googled around but cannot find the solution.
Can somebody please point me to a way to do this ?
The easiest is to use the 1-Click install from the website:
for the latest 4.3 Beta builds (and it's pretty darn good right now
despite the Beta/RC label)
or use http://en.opensuse.org/KDE4#KDE_4.2_Project for the more
"stable" 4.2 builds.
That is one of the methods I have tried and I always end up with an immense
amount of dependency conflicts which never seem resolvable however I try.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Nehalem Support?
- Next by Date: [opensuse] Re: Miro is installed, can't make it play
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Upgrading KDE4 on 11.1
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Upgrading KDE4 on 11.1